What you’ll get from this module
By the end of the module you’ll:
- Define type 2 diabetes remission
- Reflect on the language used to describe type 2 diabetes remission and understand why this is important
- Reflect on the determinants of weight gain and obesity
- Understand what has been learnt from DIRECT trial
- Understand the evidence base of remission (inc. Direct trial, bariatric surgery and dietary interventions.
- Understand the key safety considerations if an adult living with type 2 diabetes wants to consider remission
- Describe the hope and benefits of remission
- Describe current referral pathways and know how to access local weight management pathways
The CPD Library contains all of the resources linked throughout the Type 2 diabetes remission module.
You can get information on your progress in your account section
Contact the Learning Coordinator if you have questions